Sunday, January 18, 2009

Time

Time, no matter which way it is going it is still passing and moments are still passing us by, memories are still being made, people are still leaving this world and coming into it. No matter WHAT we do time will still keep moving. How it moves for some is completely different that how it moves for others. Some might think a day has dragged by while other think there is not enough time in the day. Regardless, it’s still passing and we are still losing opportunities in some cases and in others we are making the most of it.

I guess what I am really thinking about in my head is all the time I am given and what I choose to do with it. How do I know I have chosen the right thing to do? What did I miss by doing one thing and not the other? Should I waste my precious time typing about it on a blog? Or am I wasting time, maybe I am helping someone else realize that no matter which way we are growing old, young, up, down we are still moving just like time and eventually all things must end but until they do we will keep on moving in some direction, because time stops for no one.

So as cliché as it sounds I think every person should decide how to make the most of their diminishing time with the ones and things we all love and do it. Not let a day go by where that moment to do the right thing your heart desires has a chance to slip by.

This may sound impossible. We all work, we have school, or some of us have kids or chores or homework but I really think if we want to look back and be truly happy with ourselves we need to seize the time, take it for us and do what makes us happy inside which may be to play with our children, be with our parents, our friends, by ourselves. Whatever it is find what makes you happy and do it…

For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.



2 comments:

Marcy said...

Good points Michelle. It really would behoove us all to seize each moment, each day & make it our very best, become the person we want to become. None of us want to look back on our lives when they are done & have regrets of who we are & who we became. Thanks for the reminder. Love you!

Leilani said...

very well said. i agree heartily! and we are totally going to see that movie when i get back!!! i want a man with a motorcycle...